CVS BANGERS IS THE AUDIOSCAPE FOR WHEN YOU’RE BUYING TAMPONS OR A 12 PACK OF CONDOMS, A SAMPLING OF THOSE MAGIC TUNES THAT PLAY WHEN YOU’RE CONTEMPLATING HOW RIDICULOUS YOU WOULD LOOK CARRYING 24 ROLLS OF TIOLET PAPER ON THE TRAIN, THOSE BITTERSWEET TUNES OF YESTERYEAR THAT SKIP THROUGH YOUR MIND AS YOU READ THE NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE BACK OF A BOX OF FROZEN PIZZA AND OPT FOR A PINT OF ICE CREAM INSTEAD, THOSE SPECIAL DITTIES THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR SMASHING THE BAR CODE OF A CAN OF RED BULL AGAINST THE SCANNER OF BROKEN SELF-CHECKOUT MACHINE. CVS BANGERS IS COMMERCE ITSELF, AND COMMERCE, MY FACELESS INTERNET FRIENDS, IS BEAUTIFUL.
Teddy Roosevelt’s diary on the day both his wife and mother died.
The “X” is absolutely agonizing…
• I do not want to friend you. I may like something, but I friend nothing. I will connect, comment, vote, follow, link, save, pin, watch, post, tag and otherwise verb the shit out of your shit, but I will not friend it. (Nor will I favorite it.)
• Anyone who tries to solution a problem needs to have their brain walk hot coals. Anyone who tries to solutioneer anything deserves to walk the plank. From a spaceship. Orbiting a star as it goes supernova.
• Coincidentally, a lot of people mix up “coincidence” and “ironic”. Ironically, they don’t realize their mistake. I would say Alanis Morissette deserves Medieval punishment for screwing this up in a song ironically called “Ironic” that sold 33 million records in the 90s, but she wasdumped by Dave Coulier so I think the cosmic scales of justice are even on that one.
• If you’re going to headache over that problem, let me get some aspirin so it will hurt less after we collectively slog your cerebellum.
• Instead of whiteboarding or blue-skying ideas, you could shut the fuck up and write something down in an attempt to demonstrate your worth to whoever got suckered into giving you a paycheck. Oh sorry, I didn’t see you were still in the middle of Bejeweled.
• It’s called a project timeline, not a workback. Plan on fixing that. I’m sure you’re agile.
• I have no idea what daypart it is, but I will happily tell you what time it is.
• Agnostic is almost a lost cause. It is not, and never was, a proper synonym for “neutral”. But stupid people keep saying stupid things like “my code is platform agnostic”, which I interpret as “my code does not believe in the higher power that is the platform deity”. (It is important to utterly ignore dictionary.com’s definition of this word, which stupidly acknowledges this stupid trend as valid. Dictionary.com is stupid.)
• I feel bad for people who literally drive themselves crazy, or who literally don’t give a shit, or who literally work their ass off, or who literally think the word “literally” is yummy superlative batter with which they can deep fry their tasteless expressions.
• If you use the word “curate” as a replacement for “collecting junk” or “listing stuff” or “I put three links together on a website and I am an elitist douche”, I wonder if you bothered to even build windows in your ivory tower.
(Shamelessly stolen from GraphicPush. My sentiments exactly.)
War is hell, except when it’s fun.
(screen from Spec Ops: The Line via Kill Screen)
“I’m going to kill myself tomorrow.”
I love this picture. The encroaching shadow from the top just nails it for me.
All sorts of excited about RE6, but I will miss my lady Sheva.
I. Love. This. Part.
I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE!!!
One part of why this movie rocks.
My favorite thing about this scene is how her “flames” line is completely ad-libbed and fantastic! :)